Join our team
St. Francis Veterinary Hospital is a woman owned and operated business located in Daly City, CA. SFVH is a growing organization providing the best quality veterinary care to our loyal customer base. Our hospital integrates holistic and traditional veterinary medicine to get the best results for our clients’ pets. We strive for balance in work and in life as we bring top notch veterinary service to our community.
If you would like to join our team we are always looking for those who share our passion to help. The positions we offer are:
- Associate Veterinarians
- Licensed Veterinary Technicians
- Customer Support (Front Desk)
Associate Veterinarian in Daly City, Ca.
We are currently looking for a full time Associate Veterinarian to join our St. Francis Veterinary Hospital team. We are located .6 miles from Daly City Bart. Our hospital facility has ultrasound, digital radiography, therapeutic laser, specialty services (internal medicine consult, specialty surgery, and endoscopy) and more. Benefits for the right candidate include competitive salaries, 4-day work week and belonging to a supportive group of caring and passionate humans. Sign on / relocation bonus possible for those who qualify.
- Build rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care
- Communicate with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine
- Present a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- Minimum of a year, those with more experience will be compensated accordingly.
- Those with no experience can expect fast based mentorship with lower pay for 1 year, or until demonstrated skill deserves otherwise
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD) or related degree from an accredited university
- Licensure in good standing to practice in California
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively
- Manages time and tasks appropriately
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth